Friday, June 18, 2010

Run It

Today I woke up a little after 5, and I had this insatiable urge to run. It's like my body knew it was now or never. If we didn't get up before the sun, it would be too hot to run later. I'm actually pleased that the treadmill at the complex gym is currently on the disabled list because running outside it beautiful. It gives my mind a freedom that I just can't find inside while going nowhere on a machine. Sure it took ~10 laps to get in my 3 miles, but it felt good, and I could feel my mind waking up. I felt alive, and ready for anything, even the evil dog that barked at me as his owner walked him while I was on lap 6. These days it's not about the ankle, or the weight it's about feeling good. My body doesn't feel right when I'm not getting in some kind of workout. My joints ache and my head hurts a lot; it's as if my body is protesting the lack of movement, and I can't say that I blame her. I know that I'm not invincible, but after 3 miles I sure as heck feel like it. That said, my goal for next week is to run M-F. I've finally cooled down, and invincible or not, I feel like I run it... at least for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment